Weekend in 1800s
9 / 13 / 2012 | 19:40:44
Solo Rider Inclusion Tournament Results
10 / 3 / 2011 | 20:21:43
Volunteers to Build New Universally Accessible Playground
9 / 22 / 2011 | 14:34:54
The Francis RecreAcres Community Build playground project with Target volunteers has been postponed until Saturday October 1, 2011 due to the expected rainy conditions this weekend.
The start time will still be at 7:30 a.m. and it will be a rain or shine event.The Hamilton County Park District is proud to partner in a first-time community build of the District’s most universally accessible playground to date! On Saturday, September 24, 2011 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., over 30 Greater Cincinnati Target Store volunteers, along with team members from the Hamilton County Park District and David Williams & Associates, will assemble a new playground at Francis RecreAcres in Sharonville. The new play structure will feature a variety of elements including:
- A rubber safety surface that allows access to all areas of the playground for users of all abilities.
- A “Power Scape” area of play that encourages physical fitness and coordination.
- An array of bright colors to increase visual stimulation and playable musical instruments to increase auditory function.
- Shade structures for a more enjoyable play experience.
- An increase in accessible play area and play features (compared to former playground).