Horse trails are free to use and open for public use. Hikers, pets, bicycles and motor vehicles are prohibited.Winton Woods
The Winton Woods horse trail is open year-round from dawn to dusk. This out-and-back trail is 5.2-miles round-trip. The trail begins at the eastern edge of the Winton Wood Riding Center parking lot, and horse trailer parking is available next to the trailhead.
Miami Whitewater Forest
The Miami Whitewater Forest horse trails are open from dawn to dusk, weather permitting (see the trail closure policy below for details). This circular trail measures 7.8 miles. Parking for the trail is located off West Road beyond the Bluebird Glen picnic shelter.
Wooded Horse Trail A - 3.0 miles
Wooded Horse Trail B - 3.2 miles
Wooded Horse Trail C - 1.9 milesMiami Whitewater Forest - Wooded Horse Trails Closure Policy
Riding on wet trails creates low spots, which hold waters, softens the soil and results in heavy damage to the trail. Closing the trails during the wet season allows trails to heal and prevents further damage.
- Trail closures will be posted on Current Park Notifications & Closures page and updated only when the status has changed. Riders can also call the trail closure hotline at 513-728-3551, ext. 332.
- Closing of the wooded horse trails will be considered when it rains a minimum of 0.5” in 24 hours, based on the rain gauge at the Miami Whitewater Forest maintenance building.
- Trail conditions will be inspected by a Great Parks employee on a section of the trail near Timberlakes Drive, adjacent to the High Plains picnic shelter.
- Once the trail conditions have been confirmed to not be suitable for riding, all wooded horse trails will be closed for a minimum of three days. After three days with no significant additional rain or precipitation, Great Parks will verify trail conditions for potential opening or continued closing.
- The wooded horse trails will be closed annually from the Monday after Thanksgiving until the first Monday in March. The trails will be reopened annually from Christmas Day to New Years Day if riding conditions are suitable.