Before you head out into the parks, check here for the most up-to-date information on winter sport availability, road closures, construction projects and more.
Great Parks continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely to determine timing of cancellations, closures and openings. Note that information listed is subject to change as conditions change. Please check back for updates.
For updated closures and program cancellations visit greatparks.org/COVID-19
Winton Woods Boathouse & Harbor Alert
May 5, 2021
Due to high water at Winton Lake, only pedal boats, kayaks, stand up paddleboards and canoes are available for rental.
Mountain Bike Trail Closed
May 3, 2021
The mountain bike trail at Mitchell Memorial Forest is closed.
Miami Whitewater Forest Wooded Horse Trails Closed
April 30, 2021
The wooded horse trails at Miami Whitewater Forest are closed.
Woodland Mound Boat Ramp Closed
April 6, 2021
The boat ramp at Woodland Mound is closed.
Winton Woods Horse Trail Closed
The horse trail at Winton Woods is closed due to weather.
Some Playgrounds Closed
May 5, 2021
The following playgrounds will be closed beginning Jan. 9, 2021 for maintenance:
- Miami Whitewater Forest – Harbor swing sets
- Miami Whitewater Forest – Bowles Woods swing set
- Miami Whitewater Forest – High Plains swing set
Trout Lily Trail Closed
May 3, 2021
The Trout Lily Trail at Withrow Nature Preserve is temporarily closed due to a fallen tree.
Restrooms at Embshoff Woods Closed
Restrooms at Embshoff Woods are currently closed and Port-O-Lets are available.
Oak Glen Nature Preserve Closed
Oak Glen Nature Preserve is currently closed. For more information and updates, please click here.
Athletic Fields: Visit our Athletics page for rain-out numbers for leagues at Miami Whitewater Forest, Triple Creek and Francis RecreAcres.
Boathouses: Open. For hours, click here.
Harbor Snack Bars: Closed for the season.
- The temperature must be higher than 60 degrees for harbor snack bars to open.
Restrooms & Drinking Fountains: Open, drinking fountains closed
- When nighttime temperatures dip below freezing, restrooms and drinking fountains must be winterized so that pipes don't freeze. Restrooms next to visitor centers and golf course pro shops remain open for public use year-round.
- The Armleder Trail Connection to Lunken is closed when the Ohio River level is at 38 feet. Otto Armleder Park & Recreation Complex closes when the river level is at 42 feet. See the National Weather Service for current and forecasted river levels.
Wet Playgrounds: Closed for the season.
- The temperature must be higher than 70 degrees in order for wet playgrounds to open.