Know before you go!
Current Park Notifications & Closures
Before you head out into the parks, check here for the most up-to-date information on winter sport availability, road closures, construction projects and more.
Miami Whitewater Forest
- Ongoing - The Shaker Trace Inner Loop Trail is open for use. However, the new temporary section is not paved and may not be suitable for strollers, some bikes, roller skates, or wheelchairs. The section will also be shared with horseback riders. Please use caution and always give horses the right of way. The new paved trail will be complete by fall 2023.
- Ongoing - The Miami Whitewater Forest Wooded Horse Trail 'A' loop is closed due to erosion issues.
- 6/4 to 6/9 - The snack bar at Miami Whitewater Forest Harbor is closed. It will reopen on June 11th
The West Park Restrooms at Winton Woods have been closed due to a plumbing issue.
Athletic Fields: Visit our Athletics page for rain-out numbers for leagues at Miami Whitewater Forest, Triple Creek and Francis RecreAcres.
- Miami Whitewater Forest Snack Bar, Sharon Woods Snack Bar, and Winton Woods Snack Bar open for the season on May 27, 2023.
- The Armleder Trail Connection to Lunken is closed when the Ohio River level is at 38 feet or above. Otto Armleder Park & Recreation Complex closes when the river level is at 42 feet or above. See the National Weather Service for current and forecasted river levels.
- Woodland Mound wet playground and Winton Woods wet playground open for the season on May 27, 2023