Before you head out into the parks, check here for the most up-to-date information on winter sport availability, road closures, construction projects and more.
Great Parks continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely to determine timing of cancellations, closures and openings. Note that information listed is subject to change as conditions change. Please check back for updates.
For updated closures and program cancellations visit greatparks.org/COVID-19
Mountain Bike Trail Closed
February 23, 2021
The mountain bike trail at Mitchell Memorial Forest is closed.
Wooded Horse Trails Closed
The wooded horse trails at Miami Whitewater Forest are closed.
Woodland Mound Boat Ramp Closed
The boat ramp at Woodland Mound is closed beginning Oct. 3 because it is in need of repair.
Winton Woods Horse Trail Closed
The horse trail at Winton Woods is closed due to weather.
Connector Trail Closed
February 28, 2021
The Connector Trail at Otto Armleder Memorial Park is closed due to flooding.
Some Playgrounds Closed
Jan. 8, 2021
The following playgrounds will be closed beginning Jan. 9, 2021 for maintenance:
- Embshoff Woods – Horseshoe Haven swing set
- Miami Whitewater Forest – Harbor swing sets
- Miami Whitewater Forest – Bowles Woods swing set
- Miami Whitewater Forest – High Plains swing set
- Sharon Woods – Pavilion Grove swing set
- Woodland Mound – Juneberry playground
- Winton Woods – Kestrel Point swing set
- Winton Woods – Orchard Area swing set
- Winton Woods – Kingfisher swing set
- Winton Woods – Raccoon Hollow swing set
Otto Armleder Memorial Park Closed
February 28, 2021
Otto Armleder Memorial Park and dog park are closed due to flooding.
Little Miami Scenic Trail Closure
March 2, 2021
The Little Miami Scenic Trail is closed between Beechmont Avenue and Clear Creek Park and south of Bass Island due to flooding.
The parking lot located at Beechmont Avenue and Cincinnati Batavia Road is also closed.
Fernbank Park Closed
March 3, 2021
Fernbank Park is closed due to flooding.
Shawnee Lookout Boat Ramp Closed
March 3, 2021
The boat ramp at Shawnee Lookout is closed due to flooding.
Bass Island Closed
March 4, 2021
Bass Island is closed due to flooding. The Little Miami Scenic Trail is also closed south of Bass Island.
Oak Glen Nature Preserve Closed
Oak Glen Nature Preserve is currently closed. For more information and updates, please click here.
Athletic Fields: Visit our Athletics page for rain-out numbers for leagues at Miami Whitewater Forest, Triple Creek and Francis RecreAcres.
Boathouses: Closed for the season. For hours, click here.
Harbor Snack Bars: Closed for the season.
- The temperature must be higher than 60 degrees for harbor snack bars to open.
Restrooms & Drinking Fountains: Restrooms being winterized, drinking fountains closed
- When nighttime temperatures dip below freezing, restrooms and drinking fountains must be winterized so that pipes don't freeze. Restrooms next to visitor centers and golf course pro shops remain open for public use year-round.
- The Armleder Trail Connection to Lunken is closed when the Ohio River level is at 38 feet. Otto Armleder Park & Recreation Complex closes when the river level is at 42 feet. See the National Weather Service for current and forecasted river levels.
Wet Playgrounds: Closed for the season. For hours, click here
- The temperature must be higher than 70 degrees in order for wet playgrounds to open.