Run, Splash and Play
Great Parks of Hamilton County is a great place for the whole family.
Great Parks of Hamilton County has playgrounds for all types of kids including splash and traditional outdoor playgrounds. See below for locations and additional information.
Hours: Parks and traditional & accessible playgrounds open daily from dawn until dusk. Hours vary for wet playgrounds.
Traditional playgrounds can be found at the following parks:
- Embshoff Woods
- Fernbank Park
- Francis RecreAcres
- Lake Isabella
- Miami Whitewater Forest
- Mitchell Memorial Forest
- Sharon Woods
- Shawnee Lookout
- Triple Creek
- Winton Woods
- Woodland Mound
Playgrounds feature a variety of elements for all abilities, including:
- A rubber safety surface that allows access to all areas of the playground for users of all abilities
- Multiple wide ramps for access with mobility devices
- A “Power Scape” area of play that encourages physical fitness and coordination
- An array of bright colors to increase visual stimulation and playable musical instruments to increase auditory function
- Shade structures for a more enjoyable play experience
- An increase in the accessible play area and play features
Universally Accessible Playgrounds
Children who are supervised by a parent or guardian and wearing bathing suits may play in the wet playgrounds. All diaper-wearing toddlers must wear swim diapers under a bathing suit. Groups are required to have an adult supervisor for every six children.
Winton Woods: Parky's Ark (on Lakeshore Drive near the harbor snack bar)
801 Lakeview Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45231
Woodland Mound: Parky's Wetland Adventure
8250 Old Kellogg Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45255
Hours of Operation
Winton Woods – Parky’s Ark Wet Playground
Date Weekday Weekend & Holiday May 27-Aug 13 11 a.m.-7 p.m. 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Aug 14-Sept 4 Closed Noon-6 p.m.
Woodland Mound – Parky’s Wetland Adventure
Date Weekday Weekend & Holiday May 27-Aug 13 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Aug 14-Sept 4 Closed 11 a.m.-7 p.m.