This 12-acre garden is a delight for any age.
It is designed to encourage guests to explore the natural world in a fun, engaging environment. Along with the 25-foot Discovery Tree, there are seven smaller gardens to explore within Highfield Discovery Garden:
- Frog & Toads Garden: Look closely among the lily pads and you’ll see they are surrounded by frogs.
- Wizard’s Garden: Pass the purple hat, don’t wake the dragon and take the bouncy bridge to the fairy garden.
- Trolley Garden: Four, small scale trains run on tracks surrounding some of your favorite storybook characters.
- Vegetable Garden: Raised beds will put you at eye level with common and not-so-common vegetables.
- Grandma’s Scent Garden: You’ll be surrounded by smelly plants for your pretend tea party here.
- Morph Garden: The caterpillars in this garden are huge!
- Butterfly Garden: This garden is shaped like its favorite resident.
10397 Springfield Pike
Cincinnati, OH 45215Get Directions >
Cotswold Visitor Centre & Highfield Discovery Garden Hours (weather permitting):
November–March Mon–Tue, Closed
Wed–Sat, 10:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Sun, Noon–4:30 p.m.
April–October Mon, Closed
Tue–Sat, 9:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Sun, Noon–5 p.m.
Closed New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year’s Eve
- Under 2: Free
January–March, November & December
- Under 2: Free
- School groups are considered the following: Licensed public or private elementary and middle schools, Head Start programs and licensed day care centers and home-school groups
- Reservations are required 30 days in advance by calling 513-771-8733.
- $50 for four people (any combination of adults and children)
- $6 add-on per person can be purchased at the original time of purchase
- You may list up to two last names on the pass
With unlimited visits to see trolleys, spy frogs and toads, smell new flowers, and learn more about the natural world, the Family Pass pays for itself.
Still not sure the pass is right for your family? Join us for the day, and if you decide to upgrade to a family pass during your visit, we will apply your daily admission toward the pass!
Annual pass benefits include:
- 10 percent discount at Nature’s Niche gift shop
- Monthly e-newsletter
- Priority registration for select special events
- Passholder perk of the month
- Members-only days: the garden is open to passholders only during the first Monday of every month during the Blooming Season from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. (April–October)
Children’s Birthday Parties
Celebrate your special day at the Highfield Discovery Garden! Spend time exploring the garden, enjoying a nature program and celebrating in a private party room.
Educational programs are offered during all open days to the public and Highfield Discovery Garden passholders. Programs are included for free with the cost of your admission.
- Tuesday–Saturday: 10:45 a.m. & 1 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m.
- Wed–Saturday: 10:45 a.m. & 1 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m.
Private programs can also be arranged to meet the needs of any group. Gather your group of scouts or your garden club and discover your next adventure. For more information, call 513-771-8733.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring my dog?
Dogs are not permitted inside of Highfield Discovery Garden. You may bring your dog for a walk in Glenwood Gardens on both walking trails.
Is food permitted in Highfield Discovery Garden?
Yes. Food is permitted inside our patio seating area. We ask that you do not consume food inside of the gardens.
How far ahead do I need to call to bring my scout group?
Call us as soon as you consider joining us. We can help you plan, which will make your visit more enjoyable.
When is Nature’s Niche open?
Nature’s Niche Gifts & Books shop inside the Cotswold Visitor Centre is open the same hours as the Highfield Discovery Garden. See above for hours of operation.
Is smoking permitted?
No smoking is permitted inside of Highfield Discovery Garden.
Can my older children visit without me?
All children must be accompanied by an adult when inside of Highfield Discovery Garden.
Can I share my pass with another family?
No. We work hard to keep the price of our family pass low, so please help us by not sharing outside of your household.