The Legacy Program provides an opportunity to honor a loved one or commemorate a milestone at Great Parks of Hamilton County.
- Legacy trees and benches are available for adoption for a 10 year period. After the 10 year period ends, the current honoree or family will be given the first opportunity to re-adopt the legacy bench. Legacy trees are not available for re-adoption.
- Plaques will no longer be installed at legacy tree or bench sites. Honorees will be recognized in Great Parks online Legacy Program Gallery for the 10 year period. Family members, friends, or honorees will be invited to submit one photo and up to 100 words about your honoree.
- Great Parks of Hamilton County maintains the legacy tree or bench for the 10 year period. Legacy tree maintenance includes planting, fertilizing, mulching, pruning, and replacing as needed within the 10 year period. Legacy bench maintenance includes painting, replacing parts, and general repairs as needed within the 10 year period.
- Great Parks of Hamilton County reserves the right to relocate or replace with comparable a tree or bench due to capital construction, landscape redesign or other extenuating circumstances. During the ten year warranty period, Great Parks’ staff will make its best efforts to contact the donor or honoree at the last known postal address, email address, or phone number, before relocation or replacement should such need arise.
- Legacy trees and benches must be left as-is; no additional decorations, plantings or ashes may be added.
- Legacy trees are planted between October 1 and December 15. Trees adopted after October 1 will be planted the following year between October 1 and December 15. Legacy benches are available year-round.
- An acknowledgment card can be sent to the honoree’s family if an address is provided.
- Contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
SELECT A TREE OR BENCH View Legacy Gallery
Other Ways to Honor a Loved One
Honor a loved one by sponsoring one tree to be planted in an undeveloped area of a Great Park. Your loved one, or his/her family, will receive a personalized certificate indicating the park and your name. Learn more at Reforest a Great Park.
To make a general contribution in honor or memory of a friend, colleague, or loved one, please visit GreatParksForever.org/give.