Comprehensive Master Plan
Great Parks of Hamilton County completed its first ever Comprehensive Master Plan in January 2019. The Comprehensive Master Plan is a guiding document that sets the vision for parks, facilities, programming and services over the next 10 years, through 2028.
The Comprehensive Master Plan identified eight priorities for implementation:
- Build more trails
- Add programming and events for diverse audiences
- Provide access to conservation areas
- Establish a defined blueway system
- Focus on partnerships
- Build ecological resiliency and sustainability
- Expand access for all users
- Plan for the future of every park
Park & Facility Master Plans
The Park and Facility Master Plans ensure that the recommendations of the Comprehensive Master Plan are reflected in the operation and physical design of all parks and facilities. Where the Comprehensive Master Plan was visionary and looked across all Great Parks, Park and Facility Master Plans looked at each park in close detail. The goal was to create an illustrative master plan for each park with recommendations for specific improvements and programs.