Know before you go!
Before you head out into the parks, check here for the most up-to-date information on winter sport availability, road closures, construction projects and more.
: Visit our Athletics page
for rain-out numbers for leagues at Miami Whitewater Forest, Triple Creek and Francis RecreAcres.
Harbor Snack Bars
- The water temperature must be above 68 degrees for standup paddleboard rentals and above 60 degrees for kayak and canoe rentals.
- The Winton Queen tour boat runs when temperatures are between 60-90 degrees, winds are below 20 mph and the chance of rain is less than 50%.
: Open May 6
Restrooms & Drinking Fountains
- The temperature must be higher than 60 degrees for harbor snack bars to open.
- When nighttime temperatures dip below freezing, restrooms and drinking fountains must be winterized so that pipes don't freeze. Restrooms next to visitor centers and golf course pro shops remain open for public use year-round.
- The Armleder Trail Connection to Lunken is closed when the Ohio River level is at 38 feet. Otto Armleder Park & Recreation Complex closes when the river level is at 42 feet. See the National Weather Service for current and forecasted river levels.
: Open May 27
- The temperature must be higher than 70 degrees in order for wet playgrounds to open.