Instinct: Woman-Made, Nature-Inspired
From prehistoric petroglyphs and bone carvings to megalithic stone temples and ornately decorated pottery, the origins of artistry have always been intrinsically tied to the natural world and the instinct for creation.
Instinct: Woman-Made, Nature-Inspired, an art show honoring Women’s History Month, highlights local women artists who find a source of inspiration in nature. Whether working with flower petals, feathers, sound waves, sand, or something in between, these materials take on new forms and new meanings through art.
Uncover a new perspective on nature – and art – as you meet the artists, celebrate their work, and bask in the beauty of nature-inspired art.
Friday, March 31 | 5–8 p.m.
Saturday, April 1 | 5–8 p.m.
- Stephanie Berrie – Printmaker, multi-media artist, and professor at the University of Cincinnati
- Lucia Del Bosque – Self-taught painter
- Marin Emanuel – Multi-media artist, muralist, and arts educator
- Beth Kalinsky – Textile artist, designer, and botanical dye maker
- Sara Kollig – Surrealist and impressionist painter and community engagement artist
- Linda Kunick – Artist, art teacher, and advocate for people with disabilities
- Radha Lakshmi – Community-based, multi-media, and mandala artist
- Lyric Morris-Latchaw – Painter, community gardener and advocate for local food security and accessibility