Great Parks continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely to determine timing of cancellations, closures and openings. Note that information listed here is subject to change as conditions change. Please check back for updates.
This page was last updated September 28, 2020.
Guests are required to wear a mask to enter buildings and when outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of 6 feet or more from individuals who are not members of their household.
What is currently open?
Facilities listed may not be open to full capacity due to policies and restrictions in place. Be sure to click the link for the facility of interest for more information and policies.
- All 21 parks and preserves
- Adventure Outpost
- Basketball courts
- Boathouses at Lake Isabella, Miami Whitewater Forest, Sharon Woods and Winton Woods
- Campgrounds at Lake Isabella, Winton Woods and Miami Whitewater Forest
- Dog parks
- Driving ranges
- Farbach-Werner Natures Niche
- Fitness Equipment
- Golf courses
- Highfield Discovery Garden
- Parky's Farm
- Picnic tables, areas, shelters and grills
- Restrooms - at least one restroom per park is open and more will continue to open in the coming weeks.
- Visitor centers at Miami Whitewater Forest (animal and exhibit room are currently closed) and Glenwood Gardens
- Volleyball courts
What is currently closed?
- Archaeology Museum at Shawnee Lookout
- Ellenwood Nature Barn at Farbach-Werner Nature Preserve
- Group camps
- Indoor playgrounds
- Indoor reservable areas
- Nature Center at The Summit
- Nature’s Niche gift shops at Sharon Woods and Woodland Mound
- Visitor centers and exhibit areas at Sharon Woods, Winton Woods, Woodland Mound
- Water fountains
- Wet playgrounds (closed for 2020 season)
What services are currently available?
- Banquets and catering (with group size restriction)
- Fishing tournaments
- Golf lessons, leagues and tournaments
- Horseback riding lessons
- Horseback trail rides (open on weekends)
- Nature programs (virtual only)
- Practice and game field rentals at Triple Creek
- Soccer fields
- Softball leagues & tournaments
- Spring and summer day camps (virtual only)
What services are currently not available?
- Special events
- Volunteer events
- Walks and races
These are challenging times. The cancellations and closures this spring disrupted the earned revenue Great Parks depends on to secure widespread access to wonderment and tranquility. You can make a difference with a gift to our philanthropic partner, Great Parks Forever.
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities, please contact Director of Corporate Relations Julie Bernzott.
The safety and well-being of all of our guests, volunteers and employees is paramount. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust as needed. Please visit this page for updates.
At home with your kids and need something fun to do? Or do you need a way to de-stress while working at home? Check out our brand new page, Parks@Home to find activities, videos, backyard challenges and more for kids, families and adults. Parks@Home is updated with new content every day, so you can experience nature anytime, anywhere.
What You Can Do
- Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (containing at least 60% alcohol) if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and at work.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.