In the wake of the COVID-19 coronavirus in Ohio, we want to assure our guests we are monitoring the situation closely.
Effective Thursday March 19, 2020, Great Parks is extending closures and cancellations through May 10, 2020.
We are waiving the Motor Vehicle Permit to make our parks more accessible so everyone can enjoy the outdoors.
As of Thursday, March 19, the following is open:
- All 21 Parks and Preserves (restrooms are closed)
- Passive Recreation including Trails, Disc Golf, Private Boat Access and Fishing Access
Effective Monday, March 23, the following Is closed and canceled through May 10, 2020:
- Basketball Courts
- Camping at Lake Isabella, Miami Whitewater Forest and Winton Woods
- Dog Parks
- Easter Brunches
- Ellenwood Nature Barn at Farbach-Werner Nature Preserve
- Events (on-site and off-site)
- Food Service
- Golf Courses
- Golf Lessons
- Group Camps
- Highfield Discovery Garden
- Horseback Riding Lessons
- Indoor Playgrounds
- Mother’s Day Brunches
- Mystery Dinners
- Nature Center at The Summit
- Nature’s Niche Gift Shops
- Organized Soccer and Softball
- Parky’s Farm
- Picnic Areas & Shelters
- Playgrounds and Fitness Equipment
- Programs (on-site and off-site)
- Reservable Areas (indoor and outdoor)
- Spring Break Camps
- Tournaments and Leagues
- Visitor Centers and Exhibit Areas
- Volunteer Events
- Water Fountains
We are not reserving shelters or facilities through May 10, 2020. All existing reservations through May 10, 2020 have been canceled.
What you can do
- Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (containing at least 60% alcohol) if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and at work.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
The safety and well-being of all of our guests, volunteers and employees is paramount. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust as needed. Please visit this page for updates.
Parks @ Home
At home with your kids and need something fun to do? Or do you need a way to de-stress while working at home? Check out our brand new page, Parks @ Home to find activities, videos, backyard challenges and more for kids, families and adults. Parks @ Home is updated with new content every day, so you can experience nature anytime, anywhere. Click here to learn more.
This page was last updated March 30, 2020