Great Parks continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely to determine timing of cancellations, closures and openings. Note that information listed here is subject to change as conditions change. Please check back for updates.
Following the removal of most COVID-19 restrictions in Hamilton County, Great Parks is pleased to reopen most facilities and offer most of our services to guests. However, the events over the past year have forced us to make tough decisions. Due to current hiring challenges, reduced staffing and budget concerns, some facilities and services are not available.
What is currently closed?
- Archaeology Museum at Shawnee Lookout
- Indoor playgrounds
- Wet playgrounds
What services are currently not available?
- Children’s birthday parties at Parky’s Farm, Glenwood Gardens, Sharon Woods and Woodland Mound
- Wet playground birthday parties at Winton Woods and Woodland Mound
These are challenging times. The cancellations and closures this spring disrupted the earned revenue Great Parks depends on to secure widespread access to wonderment and tranquility. You can make a difference with a gift to our philanthropic partner, Great Parks Forever.
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities, please contact Director of Corporate Relations Julie Bernzott.
What is currently open?
Facilities listed may not be open to full capacity due to policies and restrictions in place. Be sure to click the link for the facility of interest for more information and policies.
- All 21 parks and preserves
- Adventure Outpost
- Basketball courts
- Boathouses at Lake Isabella, Miami Whitewater Forest, Sharon Woods and Winton Woods
- Campgrounds at Lake Isabella, Winton Woods and Miami Whitewater Forest
- Dog parks
- Driving ranges
- Ellenwood Nature Barn at Farbach-Werner Nature Preserve (with limited hours)
- Fitness Equipment
- Golf courses
- Group camps
- Highfield Discovery Garden
- Indoor reservable areas
- Nature Center at The Summit
- Nature’s Niche gift shops at Farbach-Werner, Sharon Woods and Woodland Mound
- Parky's Farm
- Picnic tables, areas, shelters and grills
- Team building at Adventure Outpost
- Visitor centers at Miami Whitewater Forest and Glenwood Gardens, Sharon Woods, Winton Woods and Woodland Mound
- Volleyball courts
- Water fountains
Hamilton County Public Health: https://www.hamiltoncountyhealth.org/
Ohio Department of Health: https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/home
Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/
The safety and well-being of all of our guests, volunteers and employees is paramount. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust as needed. Please visit this page for updates.
At home with your kids and need something fun to do? Or do you need a way to de-stress while working at home? Check out our brand new page, Parks@Home to find activities, videos, backyard challenges and more for kids, families and adults. Parks@Home is updated with new content every day, so you can experience nature anytime, anywhere.
What You Can Do
- Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (containing at least 60% alcohol) if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and at work.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.