Adventure Outpost’s knowledgeable, certified staff will arm you with the skills, confidence and support you need to make the most of your time outdoors. Take a class in anything from kayaking to archery to backpacking basics, head out together for a bike ride or trail run or bring your group for a day of team building.
10248 McKelvey Road
Cincinnati, OH 45231Get Directions >
At Great Parks of Hamilton County, the health and safety of our employees and guests are our highest priority. We continue to take precautionary steps and make service adjustments in response to the latest information available from the Ohio Department of Health.
Adventure Outpost Programming Changes and Policy
- We are following protocols from the Centers for Disease Control, Ohio Department of Health, USA Archery, American Canoe Association, and the Life Jacket Association.
- All equipment is sanitized before and after programs per manufacturer’s guidelines. No equipment is shared during programs.
- Instructors will maintain appropriate social distance unless guest safety becomes an issue.
- All guests are expected to follow CDC guidelines:
- Stay home if you are sick or do not feel well.
- Use social distancing and maintain at least six feet between those who are not part of their household.
- Wearing a mask or face covering when entering buildings or interacting in close proximity to other participants and staff
- Practice good personal hygiene including washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, using hand sanitizer, refraining from touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands, coughing and sneezing into an elbow, etc.
- All guests will be required to have their temperature checked and submit to a health screening before participating in a program.
- Water fountains are not available, but restrooms are open and will be sanitized 3 times a day.
- No spectators are allowed during programs, children must be accompanied by a paid, participating adult. Total program registration is limited to no more than 8 guests.
Adventure Outpost Group Camp
10248 McKelvey Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45231
For a place to bring your group together, visit Adventure Outpost Campground at Winton Woods. The campground is located within walking distance of a disc golf course and fitness trail and is a five-minute drive to Winton Woods harbor. It consists of four rustic cabins that can accommodate up to 32 people. Sharing space with the Adventure Outpost facility, the area is often bustling with public classes for kayaking, archery, wilderness skills and more.
Biking & Fitness
Outdoor archery classes are offered in spring, March through May, and in fall, September through November. During the outdoor archery season, try a compound or recurve bow in the beginner class, or sign up for the whole series to hone in your archery skills. All equipment is provided. For ages 10 and up; all children must be accompanied by an adult.
Set your team up for success with a full or half day of team building at Winton Woods. Adventure Outpost facilitators will lead your group through a package of group challenges designed to help your team become strong, agile and efficient.
Meet the Staff
Tom Buckley, Manager
Tom is the Adventure Outpost Manager and has been teaching outdoors for longer than he wants to admit. He is committed to helping others discover their own adventures and challenge themselves, all within their backyard parks. He is an American Canoe Association (ACA) certified Level 3 River Canoe and Level 2 River Kayak instructor, a certified Wilderness First Responder, trained as an American Mountain Guide Association Climbing Wall Instructor and United Kingdom Mountain Leader, and is a Leave No Trace Master Educator.
Tom is currently finishing his Master’s in Environmental Science focusing on Sustainability and Experiential Education. He believes there is no such thing as bad weather.
Jen Hilbert, Coordinator
Jen began her career with Great Parks in 2001 as a Nature Interpreter, and is currently an Adventure Outpost Coordinator. She feels lucky to have been able to share her knowledge and passion of the great outdoors with others.
Jen has achieved several certifications and training, including American Canoe Association (ACA) Level 2 River Kayak instructor; ACA Level 2 River Canoe instructor; USA Archery Level 2 instructor trainer; National Archery in the School Program (NASP) instructor; Experiential Systems Challenge Course lead facilitator; League Cycling instructor; Leave No Trace trainer; Wilderness First Aid, Basic First Aid CPR, AED; and Epinephrine certified.
In her free time, Jen enjoys adventures such as backpacking, anything on the water and even ice climbing. One of Jen’s proudest accomplishments was working with the Appalachian Trail Conservancy Volunteer Crew to build scree walls and rock cairns above the tree line on Mount Washington.
Allison Cone, Coordinator
After completing her undergraduate degree at the University of Dayton and interning for the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Allison joined Great Parks in 2010. During her career in experiential education, Allison has served as a river guide for the Great Ohio River Paddle, volunteered as an Adventure Team Specialist and Class Mentor with the American Youth Foundation and coordinated Ohio River Foundation’s River Explorer program.
She holds certifications as an American Canoe Association (ACA) Level 2 River Canoe and Level 2 River Kayak instructor, USA Archery Level I instructor, Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) Challenge Course Manager , Leave No Trace (LNT) trainer and Environmental Education Council of Ohio (ECCO) Environmental Educator. In addition, she obtained certifications in Wilderness First Aid, Basic First Aid, AED, CPR and Epinephrine and is trained as an (ACCT) In-House Inspector.
When not working in the great outdoors, Allison can be found on the ice, playing broomball with the Cincinnati Broomball Association.
School Programs Guide
Great Parks' educators and certified staff members ignite a passion for science and history in students of all ages.
Women in the Outdoors Series
Venture into the outdoors to cultivate your skills, discover new friends, and begin your next great adventure. Join our female guides on the trail, in the woods and on the water as we build confidence and community together. Classes run during spring & fall.
Interested in a private program or just want to know more about Adventure Outpost? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.